When Your Future Is On The Line, Turn To Us

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. DUI Defense
  4.  » Protecting Your License After A DUI

Protect Your Driver’s License After A DUI Charge

If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in Pennsylvania, you know you need to be concerned about your driver’s license.

But Pennsylvania law is actually quite complicated on how this works out in practice. A lot depends on your blood alcohol content (BAC) level and whether you had any previous offenses. There are also particular rules for minors, commercial drivers and drivers who were in an alcohol-related accident that killed or injured someone.

At Decker Bradburn, Attorneys at Law, in State College, we can help you respond to any type of DUI charge. We will use our years of experience to protect or regain your driving privileges and minimize the consequences of an impaired driving charge.

What Was Your BAC And Have You Been Charged Before?

Pennsylvania law distinguishes between BAC at three specific levels:

  • 0.08 – 0.0999
  • 0.10 – 0.15999
  • 0.16+

Pennsylvania law emphasizes treatment rather than punishment for first-time DUI offenders whose BAC was below .10. This means that if you are facing a DUI charge for the first time and your BAC was between .08 and .0999, you may not face any immediate threats to your license. But the consequences of a DUI conviction for you could still include a fine, probation, required attendance at a highway safety course and court-ordered chemical dependency treatment.

If your BAC was .10 or above or you have a prior DUI conviction, the consequences quickly increase. They can include jail time and a driver’s license suspension of a year or more.

What actually happens in your case, however, depends to a significant degree on how you respond to the charges. Our DUI defense lawyers have the knowledge and skill to guide you forward in a way that respects your rights.

Put A Skilled Defense Attorney On Your Side

To schedule a confidential consultation, call 814-470-8023 or complete our online form.